Request for Tax “Gross Up” for a Variety of Workplace Expenses

Employees are often faced with the need to incur work-related expenses, such as relocation expense, educational expense, travel expense, or entertainment expense, just to name a few. However, if reimbursed – whether partly or entirely – the reimbursement may be treated by the IRS as income to the employee, in which case income taxes are due from the employee. To address this, employees can and should ask their employers to reimburse that tax, too. That is what we call “Tax Gross Up.” For asking for “Tax Gross Up,” we offer this Model Memo, which shows you “What to Say, and How to Say It.”™ 


Members Get 10% OFF

- More info SKU: Expense 7 Category:

THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT: Your purchase will be delivered to you by emailed link within 10 minutes, so that you can instantly download it. If you do not receive yours within that time, please first check your Spam folder and Junkmail. If it is not there, please email us at [If you need to speak with us, from 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Time, just call our office at 212.757.5000; at other times, call 516.223.1330. If needed, we can email your purchase directly to you.]