42. Collecting Money You Are Owed
"Creditors have better memories than debtors."
James Howell, Author
- NL 1: Commissions: What Happens When You Leave?
- NL 2: Paid by Net Sales, Net Profits, Net Revenues? – Always Ask, “Net of WHAT?”
- QA 1: “Can my bonus plan be changed due to a supposed mistake, after agreed to in a contract?”
- QA 2: “How to File a Federal Lawsuit without an Attorney”
- QA 3: “I don’t get paid for cancelled appointments, although the company is. Should I?”
- QA 4: “If I am terminated for cause, can accumulated leave time and comp time be denied me?”
- QA 5: “If I resign after 9 months of the year, how can I still get my yearly bonus?”
- QA 6: “If I resign will I still get my retirement money I put in?”
- QA 7: “If laid off near year-end, am I entitled to partial bonus?”
- QA 8: “If my friend is not getting paid what was promised in her offer letter, does she have any way to correct this?”
- QA 9: “Is it illegal or unethical to work for two competing hotels?”
- QA 10: “Others were paid for not using health insurance; not me. Any rights?”
- QA 11: “Sales compensation plans: are there limits on when and how they can be changed?”
- QA 12: “Should I get extra compensation for extra services and extra success by my employer?”
- QA 13: “Can I sue for not getting paid a ‘discretionary’ bonus?”
- QA 14: “If I give in my notice of resignation, effective in two weeks, and bonuses are due in one week, can I lose my bonus?”
- QA 15: Any ways to get satisfaction after resigning?
- QA 16: Been laid off. If last year’s bonus is denied, can I sue?
- QA 17: “Are employers required to reimburse internet expenses for home-based employees?”
- QA 18: “Can my employer reduce benefits without any limit?”
- QA 19: “Do I have any chance of collecting severance if my employer goes bankrupt after I’ve been laid off?”
- QA 20: “How can I collect commissions due me from my former employer and still get a good job reference?”
- QA 21: “Is Small Claims Court good for collecting monies owed by a former employer?”
- QA 22: “My company avoids both severance and pensions by something called ‘re-badging’ employees. Is this legal?”
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”