43. Involuntary Resignation
"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."
i. What is Involuntary Resignation?
- NL 1: Constructive Discharge – Key Words & Phrases
- NL 2: Involuntary Resignation – Standing Up, Not Giving Up, to an Intolerable Situation at Work
- QA 1: “Directed by my employer to discriminate; what can I do?”
- QA 2: “Due to anxiety attacks, I am on FMLA leave; will I be fired when I return?”
- QA 3: “What is the best way to get out of a bad employment relation?”
- QA 4: Constructive Discharge – Key Words & Phrases
ii. When is Involuntary Resignation appropriate?
- NL 1: Being Bully-Boss’ed? – The 57 Signs . . . Is It Happening to You?
- NL 2: Do You Know . . . that Stalking, including STALKING AT WORK, is now a CRIME in most States?
- NL 3: Self-Help Action Plan 1: “Totally Frazzled from Work? Here’s What You Can Do”
- NL 4: “Problem Not Yet Solved; What’s My Next Step?” Your Five Alternative Next Steps
- QA 1: “Can ‘involuntary resignation’ be used in an ‘at will’ state (for a bully boss)?”
- QA 2: “HR has not responded to PIP pushback; should I involuntarily resign?”
- QA 3: “Stress from work is killing me. Please help!!”
- QA 4: “Toxic smell in the office: what can I do?”
- QA 5: “If I submit an Involuntary Resignation, and mention specific things that happened to me, can my employer make a claim or start a lawsuit against me?”
- QA 6: I fear workplace violence, but also getting fired if I complain. Suggestions?
iii. How do I Involuntarily Resign?
- QA 1: “How do I resign while on FMLA leave (especially with a bully boss)?”
- QA 2: “Placed on a Performance Improvement Plan (“PIP”) the day I returned from maternity leave. How do I submit an Involuntary Resignation letter?”
iv. What happens after I Involuntarily Resign?
- QA 1: “Insulted, overworked, and benefits taken away– can I get unemployment?”
- QA 2: “My ‘Involuntary Resignation’ was not accepted as ‘involuntary.’ What do I do?”
- QA 3: “Resigned due to stress, overwork and burn out. Can I get unemployment?”
- QA 4: “Who is your next employer? – How should I respond?”
- QA 5: “After I ‘involuntarily resigned’ under unfair circumstances, I was denied unemployment. Do I have any rights?”
- QA 6: Any ways to get satisfaction after resigning?
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”