19. Parenting and Working
"Having children is like living in a frat house: nobody sleeps, everything is broken, and there is a lot of throwing up."
- Ray Romano
- NL 1: Pregnant? When, How, and What to Tell Your Boss
- NL 2: Kids are the Best Negotiators – Learn from Them.
- NL 3: FMLA – “Parent” Definition is Flexible – “Parents” include People Who Cared for You
- NL 4: A Special Issue: The Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) – The 50 Things You May Need to Know
- NL 5: “Telecommuting and Flex-Time – 15 Steps for Your Request and Success”
- NL 6: “Good Guidance for New Graduates”
- NL 7: “Breast-Milk Work-Breaks – It’s Now the Law”
- QA 1: “While on Maternity Leave, can I attend a trade conference?”
- QA 2: “Is it a conflict of interest if I work in the same place as my son, and I cover a shift for him?
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”