30. Retaliation and Whistleblowing
"He who speaks the truth must have one foot in the stirrup."
The New I.R.S.
Informant Award Program
[ click here ]
Model Forms and Package
For IRS Claimant Award Program
[ click here ]
i. Protecting Yourself
- NL 1: “The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act – A Primer for Employees”
- NL 2: Fired Compliance Officer Strikes Back – Is Awarded $51 Million for Doing So
- NL 3: Seen Accounting Fraud? New and Powerful “Whistleblower” Protections for Employees
- NL 4: Ten Ways to Avoid Being Made a Corporate Scapegoat
- NL 5: Your Employer’s “Speak Out” Policy May Give You a “Mini-Employment Contract”
- QA 1: “As an HR Manager, if I report apparent misconduct, am I protected if the apparent wrongdoer retaliates against me?”
- QA 2: “Does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, or other laws, protect lower-level employees of not-for-profits?”
- QA 3: “How can I prevent being blamed for misconduct by former colleagues?”
- QA 4: Boss is lying on her time sheets. How do I report it?
- QA 5: “After reporting our boss for improper behavior, what can we do to prevent being retaliated against?”
- QA 6: “If I file a complaint against a colleague, can HR turn it around and blame me?”
- QA 7: “Will submitting a Performance Review rebuttal backfire?”
ii. Is this Retaliation?
- QA 1: “Does the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, or other laws, protect lower-level employees of not-for-profits?”
- QA 2: “How can I prove I’ve been retaliated against?”
- QA 3: “Is there a law that prevents my employer from firing me for coming forward and submitting a complaint against my manager?”
- QA 4: “Is what happened to me illegal ‘Retaliation’?”
- QA 5: “Can my boss legally replace me with his girlfriend?”
- QA 6: “Does this sound like I have a case of discrimination?”
- QA 7: “Does what happened to me sound like a Disability Discrimination and Retaliation claim under federal law?”
- QA 8: “Is it retaliation to have your company car, company laptop and company cell phone taken away during a FMLA leave of absence?”
iii. How to Respond
- NL 1: Retaliated Against At Work for Doing What’s “Right?” Courts and Juries are Now on Your Side
- NL 2: “Interview After Employee Files a Complaint – 26 Pointers for Attending the Meeting”
- QA 1: “After a Complaint, the Employer’s Legal Duties to Separate and Protect.”
- QA 2: “Directed by my employer to discriminate; what can I do?”
- QA 3: “How can I prove retaliation has occurred?”
- QA 4: “How should I report a sadistic manager / bully boss?”
- QA 5: “I fear the consequences of filing a complaint; any suggestions?”
- QA 6: “I’ve been retaliated against – not by my boss – but by my co-workers, for doing the right thing. Is there any best way to deal with this?”
- QA 7: “Retaliated Against for Filing a Discrimination Charge – What Should I Do?”
- QA 8: “How do I respond to retaliation for filing a complaint of unlawful discrimination?”
- QA 9: Being Retaliated Against for Cooperating in a Discrimination Investigation – What Should I Do?
- QA 10: Retaliated Against for “Whistle Blowing”: What Should I Do?
- QA 11: Retaliation is getting me seriously down. What can I do?
- NL 1: “If the EEOC is investigating a discrimination claim, can the employer question the employee at the same time?”
- NL 2: I.R.S. Pays Employee $4.5 Million for Reporting Employer’s Tax Cheating: The Eight Things You Need to Know
- NL 3: Is it RIGHT to do THAT? Ethics Clarified by Six Questions
- NL 4: Your Complaint Labeled “Baseless”? Consider an “Investigation Push Back Letter”
- QA 1: “Afraid to Take Vacation? Here’s Seven Ideas”
- QA 2: “If I negotiate, will my severance be taken off the table?”
- QA 3: “Is there a limit to how many hours I can be required to work?”
- QA 4: “Could I get in trouble for ‘going public’ about a threat to public welfare that my company covered up?”
- QA 5: “Is it true that in New Jersey it is now legal for an employee to copy company documents to use in court cases, without fear of being fired for it?”
- QA 6: “I have a question about your recent post about New Jersey employees’ rights to copy company documents without being fired for it in retaliation.”
Don't Want to Read?
[ click here ]
On All We Offer
[ click here ]
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”