33. The Hours You Work
"No need to rush with these new projects I am assigning you.
Take the entire weekend if you wish."
Boss to Employee on Friday at 4 pm
- NL 1: Overtime Pay: 80% of American Employees are Entitled. Are you?
- NL 2: News Flash: Is Full-Time on its Way Out?
- NL 3: Involuntary Resignation – Standing Up, Not Giving Up, to an Intolerable Situation at Work
- QA 1: “I am working way too many hours!! Any ideas??”
- QA 2: “Is weekend travel time of an hourly employee compensable?”
- QA 3: “I don’t get paid for cancelled appointments, although the company is. Should I?”
- QA 4: “Can taking time off without permission get you fired?”
- QA 5: “Is there a limit to how many hours I can be required to work?”
- QA 6: “Why is it acceptable to expect someone to work 60 to 70 hours a week?”
- QA 7: “Resigned due to stress, overwork and burn out. Can I get unemployment?”
- QA 8: “Vacation and Vacation Pay – 50 Frequently Asked Questions”
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”