28. Trade Secrets and Confidentiality
"Secrecy is the soul of business."
i. Trade Secrets
- NL 1: Can You Share Company Secrets With Your Lawyer?
- NL 2: Hey, It’s August . . . We Call This “Protect Your ‘Rolodex’ Month”
- NL 3: If You Leave Your Job, Can You Take Your Customers With You?
- NL 4: Injunction – Key Words & Phrases
- NL 5: Restrictive Covenant – Key Words & Phrases
- NL 6: You’re Probably Stealing Trade Secrets . . . Every Weekend
- NL 7: “Injunctive Relief” Clauses in Contracts – What Do They Mean?
- QA 1: “Should I sign a ‘Trade Secret Agreement’ my employer has asked me to sign before I take a new job elsewhere?”
- QA 2: Injunction – Key Words & Phrases
- QA 3: Restrictive Covenant – Key Words & Phrases
- QA 4: “Can I Work for a Licensee or Vendor of my Former Employer?”
- NL 1: Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Duties – The Four “Situational Exceptions”
- NL 2: Public Domain – Key Words & Phrases
- NL 3: “Employer Ask You to Sign an Agreement? Ask Your Employer to Pay Your Legal Cost”
- NL 4: “What is NOT Confidential Information –
10 Guidelines for Resumes, Interviewing and Online Chatter”
- QA 1: “How can I prevent being blamed for misconduct by former colleagues?”
- QA 2: “If I write a book about my former employer, can they sue me if it’s all true?”
- QA 3: “What can I tell prospective employers about my secret government work?”
- QA 4: Public Domain – Key Words & Phrases
- QA 5: “After severance, what you CAN and CANNOT say”
- QA 6: “Can my former employer claim to be the author of a magazine article I wrote as part my duties?”
“If you live your life the right way,
your later years will not be a winter,
but rather a harvest.”